Your message prompted me to try getting better IR codes for my Rotel
amp.
Rotel doesn't seem to care much for me as a customer, so until now I
have used codes learnt with the IR Blaster learning feature.

I got a CCF code for what looked like the closest product they had a
file for (amp RA-02 for an actual RA-05). I installed CCFTools on
windows (ccftools.free.fr). With CCFDecoder I obtained an XML file. Then
I downloaded lirc (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lirc/) only because I
needed pronto2lirc.py, a python utility.
I ran it against the xml file, and all buttons were called "Learned"...
So I hacked a bit the XML file before running pronto2lirc.py

What a ridiculous mess. Shame on Rotel. BTW my remote is called
RR-AT94, it has a lot more buttons than the amp has, but there is no CCF
file for it.

Finally, the new codes don't change much over the learned codes I had
already, thanks to the great IR Blaster plugin.
Anyway, I though it might save you the same trouble, so while I was at
it I got the RA985.ccf file and generated the Lirc file. Of course it is
untested.

I attach the xml and lirc files + the python util in the zip below for
RA-02 (ok for RA-05) and RA985.
HTH

|Filename: lirc-rotel-amps.zip                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8711|

epoch1970