vagskal;503438 Wrote:
> Wowo,
>
> You said that you have both flac and MP3 files with different tags for
> release year and original release year. Did you manage to use CustomScan
> to combine two tag types them into one custom tag and, if so, how did
> you accomplish this?
Unfortunately, if I understand you correct, no

I have MP3 files with ID3v2.4, all with TYER and TORY.
As SBS prefers (now) TORY, this value appears in all of the normal
year-places in SBS.
As I want also to see the value TYER (for me the albumrelease date), I
use Custom Scan and Custom Browse as you can see in this thread.
I could, if you want, send the custombrowsemenus and a screendump of
the Custom Scan configuration I use in a PM.

I have also FLAC files with Vorbis Comments all with DATE and
ORIGINALYEAR+ORIGINAL YEAR+ORIGYEAR tags.
Because, as you known, SBS cannot standard support
ORIGINALYEAR/ORIGINAL YEAR/ORIGYEAR, SBS will show the value of DATE in
all of the normal year-places. This is for me a bad behaviour, and I
have no solution for this. I think we must wate till SBS could support
ORIGINALYEAR/ORIGINAL YEAR/ORIGYEAR in Flac in the same way as in MP3
Of course you could make a customize your menu so that you could see
the ORIGINALYEAR/ORIGINAL YEAR/ORIGYEAR.

--
wowo

*Squeezebox*: 3 Classic
*SSODS*: 4.2
*SqueezeboxServer*: 7.5.0 - r29584 (Beta)
*Plugins*: Album Review 2.9.0; Biography 2.9.0; Custom Browse 2.10;
Custom Scan 2.7.4; Trackstat 2.10
*NAS*: Synology DS107+ DSM 2.2-0959
*Tag*: MusicBrainz 0.12; Mp3tag v2.45a
*Windows Frontend*: Moose 072