I have a problem with users of my system using the "play" button on the
Controller like a right arrow to move through the menus when they should
use the center button.

This means that they can accidentally attempt to "play" a whole genre!

As I cannot be bothered with complex sub-genres, I have most popular
music listed under a single folder/genre "Pop and Rock".  Unfortunately
this means that when somebody makes this mistake they end up
accidentally creating a playlist with 3,000+ items on it!

This brings my server to a grinding halt. Inevitably this means
crashing the NAS deliberately - and even then it can take up to half
hour to respond to the web browser sufficiently to let me delete the
playlist, and the Controller stops working completely.

Is there any way to block the play button from working except at the
artist, album or playlist level?

Alternatively is there a quicker way of deleting the rogue playlist
rather than waiting for the servier to build it before deleting it?

I can telnet into the NAS to delete or alter files if necessary.

Thanks for any help!

--
TheLastMan

Matt

SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
Synology Diskstation 107+ with FW 2.2-0959
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 on Synology Package Manager
Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 access
points
Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers in living room.
Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers in kitchen.
LPs ripped using Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap, Behringer UCA202.