smagnuson;371232 Wrote:

> One thing, though:  When the standby font and SDT are set up in this
> way, the alarm icon is ALSO full size (same size as the time).  The SDT
> "update asterisk" is also super-sized.
>
> Is there any way to set up SDT in the way I described and return the
> alarm icon to normal size?  I'm thinking it's possible because the Date
> and Time screensaver that comes with SqueezeCenter allows you to display
> the time full size and the alarm icon is normal size in the upper right
> corner.

What I've done is unzip Plugins-SuperDateTime-Plugin.par

and edit lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm

Find the line (6048 in 5.8.12) that says

if (!$narrow && !defined $currentAlarm) {
and change it to
if (0 && !$narrow && !defined $currentAlarm) {^M

This just disables the alarm display.  What would be better is to put
something like !THEBIGFONT there, but I don't know enough about the
internals to know what should go there.

I guess not many folks have bad eyes and/or their Squeezebox 15 feet
away.

I think something must have changed in the library.  At some point in
the past (before last fall?), it would display the alarm time in a tiny
little font that didn't get in the way of the other information on the
display.  Getting the alarm time in those tiny letters again would be
better.

--
pfaffman