it's hooked into Xorg using xautomation (xte) and it working great.

You were right about the repeat issue, even while going up and down
through menus I was being blocked by it.

You had it set to 2.5 seconds, I pulled that down to 0.05 or something
like that (0.0 seconds was rapid fire...)

In terms of security, you're right about the url attack angle.
Maybe just block kidsplayexec from being activated by url? (not sure if
that's even possible)

This even works when the squeezebox is "off" which is great; even while
the squeezebox is in use, the JVC DVD remote commands are processed
properly and does not affect the playback.  Completely transparent.

I have created a simple bash script which is called by KidsPlay.
It's quick and dirty and needs some finesse work but it's working.

I could have skipped the bash script and had KidsPlay execute the xte
commands directly, but I wanted the extra abstraction layer.

In case anyone is interested here is the script.

Code:
--------------------

  #!/bin/bash

  case "$1" in