gharris999;518576 Wrote:
> I still intend to do this, and, if you're running gnome on your ubuntu
> box, I think I have a way to make ReallyPreventStandby work there.  Give
> me some more time to finish up the current batch of frying fish.

I'm not using the Gnome power manager but did when I first built my
Ubuntu/SBS/Samba/BT server and could have done with the enhancement you
mention to ReallyPreventStandby so I think the improvement would
definitely find some users out there.

Great to hear you're going to give the separate idle state plugin a go,
wrt the requirements you mention do you really need to have the grace
period monitored internally to the plugin as any power management tool
used should already do this by default ?

>>an easier interim solution would be the ability to have the option
for SvrPowerControl to do nothing when it sees SBS is idle and just
leverage the run external script functionality to show when a power
manager util when it's busy

I may be pushing my luck here but in the meantime what's the chances of
slipping this little change in at some point ? Please ignore me if this
isn't as simple as it seems.

Thanks.

--
sto