Danny8;519406 Wrote:

> ARTIST(exp=^.*\s(.*)$)
>
> Is that regexp syntax used solely for string reduction?

That exception would probably pick the second to the last word in the
ARTIST tag. I'm not sure how the different .* are handled if the ARTIST
contains more than two word.

The part between the parentheses (.*) will be the section that is
used.

Danny8;519406 Wrote:

> I'm guessing it cannot be used for substitution or augmentation. I was
> hoping you had some form of outline or notes--no matter how rough--of
> the keywords you've deployed.

I've added some more information to the Custom Scan page on the wiki:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Custom_Scan_plugin#Tag_mapping

Feel free to update the description with more details and examples if
you like to.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))