Triode;555020 Wrote:

> Please provide feedback and let me know if this plugin is interesting
> to people...

Well, it's the biggest enhancement to my Squeezebox experience for a
very long time, so it's definitely VERY interesting to me. It's worth
every dollar I had to spent on the Spotify Premium account to make it
work. This is one of those plugins that's totally going to change how I
find new music and listen to it. Really great work with this, thanks for
all your efforts.

Just for convenience, I'll mention the issues you have already got via
mail earlier which haven't been solved yet, just to avoid duplicate
reports from other users and make it possible for other beta testers to
comment on them. There isn't anything in this list which you haven't
already seen.

THE WEB INTERFACE:
============
2.
It would be nice to get album art in search results, at least in album
lists, is that possible ? It works on SqueezePlay but not in web
interface.

3.
It would be nice with a "Play" button beside albums in search result,
should the the same as the "All songs" item in the sub menu, possibly
an "add" button might be nice too.

4.
Would it be possible to add functionality so you can build a Spotify
playlist and save it to spotify ?

5.
If possible, I would prefer that search results was rendered the same
way as in standard library. So album lists shows the album and artist
as separate clickable links and track lists shows the track, album and
artist as separate clickable links. This would make it really easy to
switch between the different search types, for example start by
searching for a known track and then click on the artist list of one of
the matches to list all albums for that artist.

6.
It would be nice with a "Play" button beside a playlist in search
result, should the the same as the "All songs" item in the sub menu,
possibly an "add" button might be nice too.

7.
Similar to point 5 it would also be nice if I could see artist and
album information in current playlist for each track, currently it only
displays the track title and album cover.

8.
After adding a track as a favorite it looks a bit strange in when
expanding "Favorites" menu in default skin, it looks ok in classic
skin. I suspect it might have to do with a missing icon or something
similar. The "Spotify" entry in the screenshot is the DSBridge
connection, it's the "Love Doesn't Ask Why" entry that's the one
connected to your plugin. Here is the screenshot:
http://erland.isaksson.info/arkiv/slimserver/SpotifyFavorite.png

SQUEEZEPLAY INTERFACE:
===============
10.
Would it be possible to add a "Similar artists on Spotify" item in the
context menu on all artists (local and spotify) that listed the
"Similar Artists" from spotify ? That way it would more user friendly
to find similar music as the one you already have in the local library
without having to revert to searching that needs you to enter text.
Enter text works good on touch interface but not so good on Radio,
Boom, Controller and Touch IR-remote interface.

11.
Would it be possible to add a "Albums on Spotify" item in the context
menu on all artists (local and spotify) that listed albums for the
specified artist from spotify ? That way it would more user friendly to
find new music from artists you already have in the local library
without having to revert to searching that needs you to enter text.

12.
Is it possible to control the rendering of album lists ? It would be
nice if albums where shown on multiple lines in same way as My
Music/Albums menu lists albums

13.
Is it possible to control the rendering of track lists ? It would be
nice if tracks where shown on multiple lines in same way as current
playlist lists tracks

14.
To make searching a bit better, it would be nice if it remembered the
last 20 search texts I've used so I could reuse them without having to
enter all the letters manually again.

15.
In addition to point 14, maybe it could even remember which Spotify
artists/albums you have listen to before and the ones in your Spotify
playlsits and make it possible to browse among those by Albums or by
Artists/Albums ?

OTHER THINGS:
========
16.
It doesn't work with synchronized players or multiple players by
design, so if any user have problem with that, it's a limitation of the
Spotify API as I've understood it. It might be a good idea to give a
better error/warning message if someone tries to use multiple players.

IPENG INTERFACE
==================
19.
In iPeng the Spotify icon in the "Radio" menu isn't shown, it just
shows the default radio icon.

20.
In the "What's new" menu I have some problem in iPeng if it's only a
single track. It works for multiple tracks but for entries that only
have a single track I just get the heading and not the clickable track
itself. The heading contains the track title but I cannot click on the
heading to play it. After some time I realized I can hit "Play Shuffle"
at the top to play the track.

21.
Album lists doesn't show the album cover in iPeng. It works perfectly
on the Controller though, it shows the album list text entries first
and after a second the album covers are shown.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))