results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

chincheta0815;603643 Wrote:
> I'd prefer the second option. The reason is just the simplicity (better
> overview) in configuring the whole show.  I agree.  The more I think about it
> the more sense it makes to do it
like this:

Code:
--------------------

  <squeezeIR>
  <Profiles>
  </Profiles>
  <Menus>
  </Menus>
  <IRoIP>
  </IRoIP>
  </SqueezeIR>

--------------------

chincheta0815;603643 Wrote:
> But I'd suggest to implement somekind of general "use another file tag",
> making it possible to write big parts in different files, e.g.:
> -> SqueezeIR.xml: main data and config are in this more or less general
> file
> -> MenuA.xml: Includes all necessary information for the submenus
> working remote A.
> -> MenuB.xml: Includes all information for submenus working with remote
> B.
> -> Web.xml: purpose should be obvious.that could actually be pretty tough to
> do especially where people are
using chains of commands that control different pieces of equipment in
one event.  It is also hard to code as the file downloads are
asynchronous.  I'd have to download SqueezeIR.xml, go through it, look
for the references to the extra files, request them from the server,
wait for them to be downloaded one at a time, check that I've got them
all and then proceed!

chincheta0815;603643 Wrote:
> Another idea: Would it be very hard to include the box running
> squeezebox server as an IR-emitter (using lirc etc.)? This would make
> it possible to use not only the SBC as IR-transmitter, but also the
> SBS. This is just an idea for later versions of SqueezeIR. I think the
> stuff to be coded right now is work enough.
Well, SqueezeIR can work on desktop squeezeplay which can run on the
SBS machine so in theory the only extra thing required would be the ir
emitter hardware (the easy bit) and a program that can take the IR
commands in the SqueezeIR/Controller format and convert them to the ir
emitter's format.  Problem is though that each brand of emitter is
probably going to expect the commands formatted differently so unless
there is some ubiquitous ir emitter it would need recoding on a
per-user basis.

--
indifference_engine