doubleugk;604431 Wrote:
> In my case that's not the fact. Quite often it takes longer. Any reason
> what has an impact on the response time?

If it takes very long to connect WiFi, iPeng will eventually increase
the time intervals in which it searches for servers to save power, that
will happen after 15s or so. The beast way is really to improve WiFi
connection time which is a function of how well iPhone and the
AP/router work together.

It also helps if automatic server detection works since that's two
triggers then (iPeng tries to actively connect the existing servers and
it also searches for new ones, if an existing one responds to this it
will be quickly connected, too).

WOL will obviously delay things if the power is in a sleep mode and
first has to power up itself.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com