Triode;614126 Wrote:
> Are you using 7.5.3 or later?  This includes the necessary hint to the
> plugin to move server when it rebuffers for more than 20 seconds or
> so.
>
> The issue for the write cover entries is that the spotify server the
> plugin is connected to is not responding.  This would also impact
> rebuffering.  What seems to happen is that some of the spotify servers
> run slow, so the plugin will try to move server if it has prolonged
> rebuffering.  At present it won't do this if there is no response to
> coverart requests and it will only do it with 7.5.3 server or later.
>
> Its worth bearing in mind that in comparison to the PC spotify client,
> all of the data for libspotify (which this plugin and the logitech
> firmware uses) comes direct from a spotify server.  The PC clients use
> peer-peer and so suffer less when the server you are connected to at
> spotify is running slow as most of the data comes from other peers.  At
> present I think the best we can do for this is to try to move server
> when the connection rebuffers, but to do this you need 7.5.3 or later
> server version.

ok, I will try 7.5.3 again. I went back to 7.5.2 because there was a
problem reported (not on this thread) with connection dropping, and I
wondered if that was causing the other problem!

What you say makes sense - I had wondered about coverart, it's a shame
there isn't an option to switch it off. It's irrelevant on  Squeezebox
and Duet/Classic unless you're looking at the server - even then I
could live without coverart...and if it helps improve the chances with
buffering that would be good.

Thanks for explaining the difference between the PC (peer-to-peer) and
the libspotify (direct) - I have always wondered.

thanks.

--
trautigan