Hi, Just for awareness though this may have no relevance in your case!

SBS requests web data under a unique User Agent header that identifies
it as squeezeserver (I cant remember the exact name).

Therefore if the BBC decided to drop traffic from older browsers or to
offload traffic they dont want to hit their site.  They could do so
quite easily but your web browser would still work fine.

I found this out by chance when writing plugins and had to alter the
header to masquerade as IE to be able to hit a website :)  (not BBC
though)

Code:
--------------------

  $http->get($url, 'User-Agent' => 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0b; Windows
NT 6.0)');

--------------------

It would affect everyone rather than just you! Your case sounds more
like allowing time for ports to clear or timeout before reopening them
again.  All a little strange.....

--
cparker

www.spicefly.com - Spicefly SugarCube - Taking Squeezebox and MusicIP to
the next level.  A hassle free non-stop journey through your music
library using MusicIP.  Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides,
enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Automated MusicIP Headless
Installer.