I have no leading articles, all my music is stored of the form "Rolling
Stones, The" and so on. Maybe ugly for some people, but very useful for
me. ;)
So I think the articles are not the problem in my case.

What do you mean with textkeys? Currently I used only the standard
artist template without going into the xml. But on some xml examples I
saw something like "[..]substr(contributors.namesort,1,1)[..]" as the
third field of the SELECT. Is this the textkey? Because when I dig into
the CB source code and look into the artist.xml template of CB, there is
only a "select contributors.id,contributors.name from contributors".

--
sts78