I would suggest that you install Database Query plugin and run the its
"Custom Scan Statistics" query, this will show if Custom Scan has been
able to scan your tag properly.

You should see a line that says something like:
Number of songs with customtag attributes of type PUBLISHER    1234

If you have a large library, it can take a bit of time to run the
"Custom Scan Statistics" query.

If that line isn't shown, there is probably something wrong with your
Custom Tag scanning module configuration inside Custom Scan settings
page. You can post exactly which values you have configured and we can
help to see if we can find something wrong.

Generally tag names in the Custom Tag configuration should be written
with capital letters.

It's also worth to look in the server.log file after performing the
rescan to see if you see something strange.

Which file format are you using ? mp3 ? flac ? something else ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.