Fiddlesticks;681456 Wrote:
> Maybe a mad idea, but how about allowing those with IR onboard/dongle to
> use their physical remote to control softSqueeze?
>
> One for the development wishlist?

What's the usage scenario ?
Why IR and not one of the existing Android/iOS remotes that already
works ?
What kind of remote control operations are we talking about ? Is it
just play/pause/skip/reverse or are we also talking about ability to
browse and select which music to play ?

Are we talking about a Windows based HTPC solution or something similar
where you control everything with IR and want to control also
SoftSqueeze ?

I think I've seen something about squeezeslave supporting lirc, at
least the linux build, but if you want something visible on the TV
screen that's obviously not a solution as squeezeslave is a player
without any user interface.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.