Ok so I have begun work on integrating a Squeezebox controller into
XBMC.

Very early days, but it's working.

The main idea is to run Squeezeslave on your XBMc box, and provide and
XBMC integrated interface to this.

The announce/development/release/everything thread is here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=122199

The idea is to initially develop a nice SB controller in XBMC that uses
squeezeslave for local playback for now.  The SB controller can also be
used with other squeezeboxen of course.  Eventually, possibly,
squeezeslave can be subbed out for a proper slimproto handler inside of
XBMC (or possible when XBMC supports binary addons, squeezeslave itself
can be effectively subsumed into this add on).

Anyway, early days as I say.  Contributions, thoughts, testing etc.
etc. all welcomed!  It's just a toy, really, but kind of fun, and nice
having the classic two line SB interface in SB if you go right back to
the early days...

But given this is largely an XBMC thing -> meet us over on that
thread.

That link again:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=122199

--