I have been using the Squeezebox Win 7 desktop gadget but now it has
stopped working. The issue is that the settings in the gadget (info on
the server to use) will no longer stick, they are gone as soon as I
close the options window.

I looked in the Windows Sidebar folder (C:\Users\[User
Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar) and the settings info is
stored in the Settings.ini file. It just seems that the gadget is no
longer able to read from it. Other gadgets work.

I suspect the recent Windows security update has changed something due
to the newly discovered risks with using gadgets.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?