I tried to streamline my LMS set up by disabling Custom Scan startup &
rescan refresh and the automatic rescan (one issue was that new data
supposed to be scanned by Custom Scan such as album rating for newly
added albums did not show up, maybe Custom Scan which is really slow
never had a chance to finish between my nightly scans). But after a PC
reboot LMS web UI (but not the Custom Scan settings page) still reports
a Custom Scan running. Is that just some kind of display issue?

I seem to remember installing a beta version of Custom Scan, I have
v.3.0pre3832, that might be doing scans differently. How can I get the
latest stable version back? I could not see any other version in the
plugins page.

I have also downgraded to 7.7.2 release LMS version.

I still get long startup times although I have disabled TrackStat
startup & rescan refresh. The TrackStat version is 3.1.3829.