nonnoroger wrote:
> I am now happy enough with the fix to ReallyPreventStandby (please see
> earlier post for full testing instructions) that I am going to keep my
> system this way for now. If you choose to do the same, I strongly
> recommend that you get yourself your own copy of caffeinate for use just
> by ReallyPreventStandby. This will prevent any other interactive uses of
> caffeinate from being unexpectedly terminated after all you SB's are
> turned off.

Very neat idea.

I have run into one problem, that is probably the way
ReallyPreventStandby works (but I never debugged enough previously to
know about it).

I listened to a program on BBC using BBC iPlayer. After a while I
stopped it (but did not turn my SB off). I thought ReallyPreventStandby
would now regard the SB as idle. However it seems not, I had to wait
till PowerSave kicked in to turn the SB off. I'll have to check with an
item from my own music library rather than the BBC.