Fahzz wrote:
> I've been trying to get this to function properly, but I'm not sure what
> the function should be. When I create a mix based on current title,
> smart mix gives me maybe 10 various songs, but then it begins to repeat
> tracks. I've checked off "don't stop the music" but the result is the
> same.
>
> Is this how smart mix is supposed to function? Or is the smart playlist
> meant to be longer or (relatively)infinite?
>
> Also, I see references to a scan on some of the posts here, and to
> recognition by The Echo Nest. Is the scan a normal LMS scan or something
> else? How do you know if The Echo Nest has analyzed the track?
>
> Thanks for the help and the hard work on this project.

should go on essentially forever. I've had a smart mix on today for
about 11 hours straight. Started with an artist mix and using my own
music only, I've had no repeats and a mix of about 30 or so artists.
(do note that if you keep hitting next very quickly to see what happens
next, it may only play the same few songs as it hasn't had a chance to
add the new ones. I made this mistake when I first installed because I
was curious about the mix it created and saw the same outcome as
you....so you have to let it play (although you can skip a song, etc.
with no problem).

After you installed smartmix plugin it should have done a scan. You see
it as part of the LMS scan (a new line called "profile export"). See
below for a recent full scan on my end.:

Discovering files/directories: /storage/music/flac   (81353 of 81353)
Complete  00:01:10
Scanning new music files: /storage/music/flac   (73640 of 73640)
Complete  00:54:42
Discovering playlists: /storage/music/playlist   (20 of 20)   Complete
00:00:00
Scanning new playlists: /storage/music/playlist   (19 of 19)   Complete
00:00:11
Profile export   (73640 of 73640)   Complete  00:17:31
Pre-caching Artwork   (3583 of 3583)   Complete  00:06:15

The server has finished scanning your media library.
Total Time: 01:19:49 (Saturday, June 22, 2013 / 11:11 AM)

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 6TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.2 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify