Somewhat tedius question any news on getting smartmix to prefer local
versions of the same track .

Unfortunately this doesn't look good. It's just a limitation of the purely metadata based matching approach. I've had a lengthy discussion with a TEN guy over at their forums. Based on the little information I can provide them to "recognize" a track, they have to take decisions: is "Steam" by "Peter Gabriel" the same as "Steam (Remastered)" or not. Unfortunately this simple decision taking often leads to the effect that they wouldn't consider the version the same as the other one, thus return the remastered's ID, which you don't have in your library. Worst case this can lead to situations where they would return the same track twice (remastered and not) within only ten tracks, as it happened to me a few days ago...

I have had occurencies of a seed song seeding itself but from spotify
after a while or other songs from that same album or other songs that i
have local copies of

Or this.

--

Michael