jarome wrote:
> LMS depends on specific versions of perl. Unless Logitech updates LMS
> for Windows and OS X, the perl version it relies upon may not be there.
> Or, even if inbuilt, it may have severe security holes.
>
> Already, the Linux versions have not been updated for over a year, and
> people with servers on Linux have to jump through many hoops to get a
> working LMS.

A very late comment since oriugina post was in January.

Softsqueeze has been in sunset mode for many years.

Logitech have stated that they have stopped developing LMS.  There is
commuity effort in supporting LMS (with help from M. Herger) with latest
version of OS and Perl.

> This is sad since I have a lot invested in the system. I hate the latest
> logitech LMS products (Boombox, Radio,..). The original SqueezeBoxes are
> far superior.
It is sad but product have lifespans but at least Logitech is letting
community keep it alive.  I don't understand not liking LMS Boombox -
the last Boom was great. The current UE Boomboxes have nothing to do
with LMS.