DJanGo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> srvany is a tool from M$ for NT4 and its not really changed after it was
> first release in the NT4 Res Kit.
>
> to make that clear - srvany isnt supported under vista or vista Sp2
> (whats the real name of Win7).
> There are some other features like the shedtasks to solve things.
> But thats *not* an issue with LMS or the localplayer plugin.

I use srvany on Windows Home Server V1 (Server 2003 under the hood) to
run uTorrent as a service. I run my WHS box headless and pretty much
never login to it, so things have to run as a service. I bought the WHS
box to run as my SqueezeBox server, uTorrent came later. I had noticed
that on halting the uTorrent service the application itself just gets
summarily terminated with no opportunity to shutdown. Fortunately
uTorrent copes, the worse that happens is things partway through
downloading may go through a full check when uTorrent restarts.