Triode wrote:
> Could you try the 2.3.0alpha version of the plugin available when you
> add: http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testrepo.xml, to the
> repositories at the bottom of the plugin page.
>
> This includes the changed setsockopt with 524288 bytes.  (which is done
> for all platforms I'm trying to see if there is a downside to a large
> value)
>
> [only available for linux intel i386 and x86_64 and windows at present]

Hi. Thanks for making the change. It's all nice and stable for me with
Ubuntu defaults, so if 524288 proves to be too large on Windows or OS/X,
then 131072 should be good for most people, especially those who had no
problems until they upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 or OpenSUSE 12.2.

The only disadvantage I can see with a large buffer size is the
increased memory usage, but we're not talking about a huge amount.
Buffer bloat isn't an issue in this scenario and all other communication
between the Squeezebox and the server is via a separate socket, so
response to the remote control or web interface is unaffected even when
spotifyd's TCP output buffer is buffering upwards of 2MB.