wortgefecht wrote:
> Yes:

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> But the log said: "Home directory not accessible : Permission denied"
>
> So I deleted the user from the audio group and readded it, restarted
> LMS and now it works ... weird.
I freely admit I don't understand what's going on with the permissions
for squeezeboxserver.  I had all sorts of problems with local player and
LMS at first, only resolved by adding the squeezeboxserver to the audio
and to my own user group, and creating a home directory for
squeezeboxserver.

My suspicion is that I had to create a home directory because I needed
to add my own user group to squeezeboxerver so it could access all my
music (owned by me as a user so that other programs can access it as
well).  The home directory seems not to be needed if the only group is
'nogroup'.  I initially had to add audio to get a full list of devices
in the local player GUI, but I suspect this may not be necessary.

If someone out there understands how all these things inter-relate and
would summarise it, that would help some who are getting stuck.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via Chromium.   Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft.