Fahzz wrote:
> I think it coincided with one of the iOS updates-but i can't remember
> which one.
>
> I don't want to turn cellular on for iPeng, and i can just hit OK to get
> it off the screen, but if there's an easy fix, I'd like to know about
> it. Thanks.

It was the OS update to iOS 7 and there is absolutely no way around it
except for turning on cellular.
It's one of these things Apple has done really badly. It's an iOS
message, not an iPeng one. It will show up for every App that has ever
accessed the internet (through any means) and then got cellular data
turned off on it. It doesn't depend on what the App does, it will always
come up when you launch the App.
There are a lot of cases iPeng needs to communicate to the internet
(MySB, cover art, online streams, web browser) so removing all that
functionality is not an option.

I think what happened here is that Apple introduces that switch to turn
off cellular and just completely forgot to integrate it into the
communication APIs. Apps have no chance to find out that they have been
cut off and what is worse, iOS will even report that they are online if
you are on cellular but have blocked cellular data. So every App that
tests whether it has a working internet connection and does something
based on this test will no longer work correctly.
So I believe Apple just introduced this warning message to make sure
people understand what might be the cause if an App no longer works as
expected.

Why do you need to turn off cellular, BTW? Did you enable "preserve
connection" or why?

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*