> All you need to do is look in other plugin for the parseMetadata
> routine, copy the code to the WAVIN.pm file, chop out the parsing code
> from the other plugin and hardcode the values you want in the returned
> data.

I attempted to look through and understand the parseMetadata routine in
the HTTP.pm file for the squeezeboxserver (code located 'here'
(http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.8/trunk/server/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTML.pm)),
but could not make sense of of the what the function exactly did or how
I could modify it to pull/push the data I want. I tried pasting code
from that into the WAVIN.pm file and looking at the log to try to
understand it, but to no avail. I also tried having a look at the
parseMetadata function in BBC iPlayer's RTMP.pm file, but with the same
results. I am quite lost here. Any help or direction would be
appreciated.

> If you plan to offer the completed plugin you'll need to learn LMS Perl
> to rename and create your own plugin package and be able to provide
> support.

I think I wasn't clear here. As you can see, I don't have the knowledge
or expertise to create/support something like this. What I meant was I
simply wanted to say "This was how I wanted to achieve HBR audio
distribution, this was my hardware setup, and these were the steps I
took to achieve that" so that people who wanted a similar solution to me
didn't have to do the same amount of digging and head scratching.

Thanks,

Michael