danco wrote:
> I have had this issue for ages. No problem when BBC iPlayer is set to
> WMA only, but we are losing those streams soon.
>
> Other settings always lose the program from time to time. Usually gives
> me the message "rebuffierng 5%" but stops at 5% and shortly gives me a
> message "Can't open file for ..."
>
> I have a slightly complicated setup, and I haven't been able to work out
> where the problem is. Because of location (router at one end of my flat,
> computer at the other, SB in between) I use Devolo dLAN devices to
> connect. So there could be a problem with my network, with my internet
> connection, or with Talktalk. I've never been able to tell which. The
> Devolo utility shows connection of the network, my router has the
> relevant lights lit, but the Network Diagnostic Utility says there is no
> connection to my ISP.
>
> LMS 7.9, Mac OS 10.10.1

I also get the rebuffering, but to be fair it usually kick starts itself
after 10-30 seconds, but not always. My entire system is wired so
nothing to do with that. I used to have TalkTalk (copper), and recently
changed to BT fibre, which made no difference at all. Will now try the
WMA streams and see if that is any better...