genseng wrote:
> Thanks for bringing your app back.
>
> A question about music export. It appears as though the transcoded
> FLAC>MP3 files are missing track tags and album artist tags. I found
> another thread that indicates this may be a server side issue. Just
> started to look into it myself, have no idea of this is something you
> can look at on the Squeeze Ctl end, or if you were even aware of it. The
> problem is that apps I have for local music playback in Android use the
> tags for sorting so I end up with things sorted alphabetically which is
> annoying (Play Music, Shuttle+, CM Music). I have other ways to get
> audio from my server over WiFi that would preserve tags, it's just that
> searching my library in SCtl is much easier. Thanks!

Yes it is a server issue.  When transcoding a stream in real time it is
impossible to add metadata to most formats.  Squeeze Ctrl already
tackles this problem, it re-tags the downloaded music with information
that it has.  Are you using the transcoding settings within Squeeze
Ctrl, or are you just setting up something on the server?