On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 08:17:56PM +0000, Roland0 wrote:
>ch...@schoeppi.net wrote:
>>
>> I'd also to use squeezelite on a Mac Book, but compiling the software
>> with support for mp3, ogg and flac is a pain because the needed libs
>> have to be compiled manualy. Is anyone using squeezelite on a Mac and
>> can help and give some hints where to find the libs, etc.?
>>

>You could use the pre-compiled binaries available from the 'squeezelite
>page' (https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/)

When I was trying the precompiled packages the last time they where not
compiled with support for mp3 and flac for licence reasons, because
there is no way to compile them on Mac OS with support for this
formats or whatever :-(. Thats why I'd like to try to compile
squeezelite for myself, but it is hart to find all needed libs for
Mac OS :-(.

Maybe another possebility would be to use the precompiled package and
let the server recode a stream with a not supported format into a format
which squeezelite is able to play, but at the moment I don't know if
this is possible...

Ciao,

  Schöpp

--