PasTim wrote:
> If ffmpeg will run on Synology on a command line as admin:user and for a
> BBC HLS link, but not when run as admin from LMS, then compiling another
> version of ffmpeg is most unlikely to help.
>
> 'Operation Not Permitted' must imply some form of permissions problem.
> This might be due to some form of muddle about paths, access to non-free
> codecs, access to a device (yes, I know that's improbable, but /dev has
> all sorts of weird virtual devices in it that I don't understand) or
> something else people haven't yet thought of.  Personally I thought that
> the hint of an issue with Triode's Spotify mentioned a while ago looked
> promising.
>
> But that's just my take on what I've seen so far.  When googling for
> answers I even found a German who had a very similar problem with a
> video (http://www.synology-forum.de/archive/index.html/t-52729.html?)
> but he got no answer.

I thought it was to do with path so I rename libraries, changed
permission, inserted wrong version,  etc. and in all cases I got an
error message that was clear (e.g. couldn't open/load file)  and not
"operation  not permitted" error.

However, when I changed an input decoder related option (e.g. override
the number of channels) or give a ridiculous number of threads to use I
got an "operation not permitted" error. So I am at a loss why root works
and admin doesn't.  I thought it might some sort of ACL based on groups
but I couldn't see anything.

I'm open to suggestions on what to try - I do not have the error on my
system but I can change files/permission to see if I can make the error
happen on my system ans as I have said only by changing decoder process
options was I able to get the error message.,