Raspberry Pi (version one, model B) with Max2play / squeezeplug (LMS
7.8) installed.  Connected by Cat5 to my ADSL router.  80GB of FLAC
music files held on a Synology NAS and read by Pi using NFS.
Squeezeplug came with ffmpeg and Lame preinstalled so all I needed to do
to connect to the new streams was install BPA's HLS plugin and the new
menu.opml file.

BBC iPlayer "live" streams started OK, but quickly developed symptoms of
5 seconds of sound followed by 10 seconds of buffering.  If I then
rebooted the Pi and started one radio stream it would stutter a bit to
begin with but then play with only the occasional glitch as long as I
wanted.  If I stopped it and started another stream it would get worse.
After three or four changes of station the buffering would be about
every 5 - 10 seconds.

After a couple of abortive attempts to install the "sigpipe.patch" file
I eventually got it to work using Ralphy's instructions above.  Rebooted
the Pi and after that I could switch stations with no deterioration in
the buffering.  After some further experimentation I found that
increasing the radio station buffer to 30 seconds under the LMS settings
page (advanced > networking) removed all further stuttering and
buffering and it now plays fine.

Now waiting for the proverbial S to hit the F when the BBC get round to
screwing up the play-it-again section of iPlayer, which works very well
at the moment.

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Raspberry PI with Squeezeplug & LMS 7.8.  Music stored on
Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:*piCorePlayer, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline