PasTim wrote:
> Apologies if my response was a bit blunt.  It wasn't intended to be
> critical of the messenger.
>
> I still really don't understand this.  There's no real loss of quality
> if people make a digital copy, and it is very easy to do using standard
> software.  It just seems that the BBC and their suppliers are just
> trying to fool themselves by putting their heads in the sand.
>
> No matter, whatever their reasons for behaving in the way they do we are
> still left trying to make stuff work.

My understanding is that most of the software packages that capture the
audio on a PC do so after the audio has been passed through the PC's
soundcard and it is then re-digitised. One exception is a Total Recorder
which captures the audio in the digital domain.

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.