PasTim wrote:

> Edit: The faad on my system is an LMS patched version.  If are using the
> standard linux version you may well have problems.  If you open up the
> LMS installation package you installed from, using Archive Manager or
> similar, you should find the faad file for the x86-64 system.  I note
> you were asked to check in the i386-linux directory but assume you are
> running the 64 bit versions.

I agree with PasTim.

The faad used by LMS is patched to suit the requirements of LMS,
including support for ALAC files (I'm not sure whether FLAC is also
patched), so using the standard linux versions is not a good idea IMO
and might well lead to problems in the future.

The location of both faad and flac on my 64bit Ubuntu Server 12.04 is
/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/x86_64-linux

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.