axelwin wrote:
> Great !
> Waiting for 7.9 version integration to test it on my Synology 214.
> Is there any drawback to expect vs SSODS (slower, more cpu consumption,
> ...) ?
>
> I just received an alert from Synology for the official release of
> DSM5.2, a good opportunity to test if the LMS installation with the
> repack can go trough a new DSM installation without trouble (with SSODS,
> i have to reinstall everything (SODS & LMS) at each major DMS upgrade
> [emoji16]
>
> Regards

Well, I'm not a coder and LMS Repack is based on pure logic, nothing
else. But it seems to work! All tests done by others here in the
communiry and on the Dutch Synology Forum are positive.

AFAIK there are no drawbacks, memory use is about 70 mb and overal it is
running smooth. Synology didn't change the LMS 7.7.3 package for DSM
5.2. They still ship it with the 42 version.

So yes, I think it means less hassle, no SSODS vulnerability, and the
latest version of LMS, 7.9.0.

Greetings

Martin