itm wrote:
> OK so I shut down the Plex Server, but still no luck. Now when I select
> the Onkyo from the players list (in the HTML GUI) and play a track the
> receiver doesn't react at all (it was playing an internet radio station,
> and continued to do so). The HTML GUI shows that my MP3 is playing on
> the receiver however. So it seems that the server isn't sending anything
> to the receiver.
>
> I've also just tried using a couple of Android apps to playback from LMS
> (the official Logitech app and Squeeze Commander). The Logitech app will
> display a list of players (including the Onkyo), but will not allow me
> to select any of them (the interface does not respond when I try to tap
> on any of the players). Squeeze Commander seems to be connected to one
> of my Squeezebox Booms upstairs, but will not let me switch to a
> different player.
>
> Is there any chance that the plug-in may be causing problems for the
> Android apps connecting to LMS? I've tried disabling the Bridge and
> restarting LMS but still the Android apps don't let me select any of the
> players.
>
> ???
I'm not aware of android-related issues.  I occasionally use
SquezeCommander with a Touch, as well as UPnP devices, without
difficulty.

As to your Onkyo issue, when things don't work 1st time there are a
number of variables that can be tried.  See
https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to-uPnP/blob/master/doc/New%20user%20guide%20(with%20plugin).pdf
for an extended description.  I rather suspect you may need to set
<stream_length> to some value other than -3 in the configuration file.

philippe may get back to you here if he has some thoughts.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.