Well, you CAN try to have own icons for those plugins, too. I do it in
iPeng because the default server icons would under no circumstances look
good in an iOS 7/8/9 UI. I even have as many as 7 (sic!) different
versions of most icons (3 resolutions, two styles, plus the full-size
one).
And yes, we only talk about a few hundred different icons here
(including services).......
It's certainly not something you "just do". I didn't do most of them
myself neither, it's the kind of stuff you'd better hire graphics
designers for.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*