d6jg wrote:
> Working configuration.
> 18618
> Pros
> FLACs as flacs. Onkyo reports track remaining & total track time. Plays
> 24/96 as 24/96. MP3s work as well.
> Cons
> Triode's Spotify & BBC iPlayer will not work.
>
> Note if codecs are declared as "flc, pcm, mp3" then the Onkyo does not
> report track times and plays everything as pcm and no 24/96 support.
> Spotify & BBC plugins then work. A bit odd.
>
> I am off to listen to some music and drink some wine :)

Thanks - I've integrated the Onkyo profile, but I'll release it in the
updated 2.4.1 version that also include the 100% volume protection and
the faulty PlugPlayer UPnP description. The fact that flc,pcm,mp3 does
not work is a problem as if pcm works and flc works as well
independently, then they both should.

What happens still is that the Onkyo reports to only support up to 16/48
in PCM, so when trying to play a 24/96 track as pcm it will fail. But if
flc codec is before pcm in the codec list, it should play flac as flac
and what I observe on my own system (7.7.5) is that even pcm are
transcoded to flac - a bit strange but flc really takes precedence. On
my configuration, I need to have pcm first to have LMS send pcm instead
of flac.

NB: the "no track time report" is normal because the Onkyio extracts its
from the flac header when receiving flac, but on PCM, there is no
metadata

Enjoy the wine :)

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)