philippe_44 wrote:
> I looked at it and it looks good to me, I agree the small form factor is
> very nice. Some want pcm 24/192 over flac 24/192 and then you enter a
> debate I don't want to touch (my academic education is digital signal
> processing).
> I'll be happy to help you help make the CR-N755 work with sq2u and LMS.
> Normally such good players always end up working and I learn something
> during the process that hopefully others benefit from :)
>
> BTW, what you observe on gapless is strange, but there is one case that
> might happen: some players do not handle wav format the way I have to
> send them (I can't fill the header with the actual size of the file as I
> don't have it). As a result, they are stuck on a wav track in a
> playlist, but the cause is not obvious because of all the permutations
> and combination of sq2u, an unencoded LMS file (aiff, wav) can be sent
> either in wav, aif or raw pcm depending what you chose.

Phillipe.
I have spoken to Onkyo Support today. Despite what Device Spy states
they say the this device does NOT support Gapless playback (except CDs
of course). I therefore think I now have it set up in an optimum format
for my use case. Best I can get anyway. Do you want a revised config.xml
?

*Vortexbox LMS 7.8 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* -
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 connected Digitally - > Celestion
Ditton F20s - and connected Analogue for Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 ->
Sennheiser RS 130
*Office* - SB3 -> Sony TA FE320 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes