bpa wrote:
> IIRC Triode's BBCiPlayer plugin from the offical repository has not been
> kept up to date and so will not inform automatically.
>
> So unless Triode updates his repositories, I suggest keep watching the
> BBCiPlayer plugin thread if the plugin stops playing.

Here is an update suggestion:  I am a huge bpa and triode fan and am
very grateful for their work in bringing the new HLS streams back
online.  I am in the US but I am using Smart DNS which should result in
the higher bitrates for BBC 3's on demand programs.  To test it out, I
tried the BBC 3 on demand program "Essential Classics" for Monday
8/24/2015.  BPA's iPlayer Extras plugin (v1.8) resulted in the 320 kbps
version while Triode's iPlayer plugin (v1.3.1alpha3) resulted the 128
kbps version. There is a difference in the URL each is using, and that
probably is what is causing the different result.