Foggy wrote:
> The sound quality when using the Pi is audibly inferior to a standard
> Squeezebox, even through cheap PC speakers and that is when only running
> the Squeezeslave software (I think also I tried Squeezelite some time
> ago). I did a little searching at the time and I believe it is
> considerably improved when using the specific USB audio cards

There are some issues with the built-in audio (due to hardware
limitations), but as long as you don't overload the system, any external
USB DAC should provide excellent sound.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953