I just installed LMS 7.9 on a second PC and copied my music library
over.

The file names are identical but the path is slightly different
(e:\music\.... instead of  i:\all\music), however the files I'm really
interested in are musicbrainz tagged so I didn't think this was
important.

I did a fresh scan and then a trackstat restore from my latest backup
file.

This has partially worked. Some ratings have been restored and some
haven't. Even stranger is that the playcount seems to have been restored
for even the tracks that haven't had the ratings restored.

Any ideas?