I just released a new version (0.8.5) of this plugin. The error with the
friends list is still there. It no longer leads to an error (as was the
case with 0.8.4), but only 1 friend is retrieved.
Other changes include renaming and reordering of some items, removing
some items that are no supported by the API, and adding a playlists item
to retrieve the user's playlists.

I've added this update to my main repo, so it should be synced to the
official repo shortly. If you want it earlier, add the SqueezeCloud repo
manually.

My patch: 'Reduce brightness when screen saver is active'
(http://server.vijge.net/squeezebox/) for Touch
Source code: 'GitHub' (https://github.com/danielvijge) for SqueezeCloud
and YouTube (old version)