rkrug wrote:
> I think you are thinking about github.com - but there is the associated
> websites github.io which function like normal websites and without
> redirection (if I am not completely mistaken).
>
> I can create a dummy project next week and upload some binaries - just
> let me know which ones - so that you could test it.

OK - I was thinking about github.com.  Some users couldn't download
repositories from github.com. The prpblem wasn't obvious (possibly
https) and I didn't have the time to walk through to find out their
problem.

It's a good idea to setup a test and try to get a variety of users with
different systems to test before going live.

IIRC a few months ago there was a warning about files served from
mediafire (can't remember details) and so users have become wary about
using it.