Following on from the superb work undertaken by bpa I am now able to
listen to BBC Dash streams live and also listen again on my touch/LMS at
full UK stream rates

Previously I was also able (via my computer and VLC) to open the HLS
streams directly thereby allowing my to listen to them through my
computer sounds system.

Rather naively I assumed that if I were able to identify the source
address I would be able to do likewise for the relevant Dash streams.

Unfortunately as a new member I cannot presently include the full links
in my posts but reviewing the mda/imda_transports.xm listed on the BBC
site on another thread

bbc.co.uk/radio/imda/imda_transports.xml (incomplete link)

I can see a HLS stream listed for BBC R2 thus (all incomplete links -
will try and paste full links in a follow up post

a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/llnw/bbc_radio_two.m3u8[/url]

This plays perfectly in VLC however when I try what I think are the
comparable DASH stream eg

a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/nonuk/dash_low/llnw/bbc_radio_two.mpd[/url]

a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/uk/dash_full/ak/bbc_radio_two.mpd[/url]

a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/uk/dash_full/llnw/bbc_radio_two.mpd[/url]

There is deafening silence.

I appreciate that DASH is still in a test phase.

Just wondering if anyone has been able to stream DASH direct via VLC

Btw I am in the UK.

Cheers

Alan