No problem, and glad it's been fixed. Does it also allow the repository
URL to work over https:// ?

Yes, it should in general. But there have been reports of installations which lacked some Perl modules required to do SSL. In those cases we fail.

Is that the build I'll have downloaded this morning?
logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1463124735

Yes, that should be good.

Ok, once I'm happy it's all installing correctly and seems to be
working, I'll make an 'Announce' post. Is this forum the best place to
do that? Or is one of the other topics more appropriate?

No, that's the correct forum. What we're discussing here would have been better suited for the Developers group though :-).

BTW: the settings page didn't make much sense to me. As a user I wouldn't know what I'd need to do there. You might want to work a bit on the description.

--

Michael