I've got a similar issue, logfile below:

Code:
--------------------

  ==
  CopyFrom:smb:/mnt/music2/Various/Radio 10 Gold Top 4000 2010/1558-Around My
Dreams.flac
  Username:root
  Pwd: xxx
  CopyTo:/storage/emulated/0/Music/spicefly
  CopyFile:1558-Around My Dreams.flac
  ==
  Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
  Logon failed: unknown username or bad password

--------------------

I'm 100% sure that username & password are correct, as they're the same
I use for SSH access, as wel as to connect to the SMB shares I created
to enable me to do the tag management from my windows pc using
Mediamonkey & foobar.
I think the easiest way of getting around this is to do something
similar to the Dynamic Path Conversion you've implemented in the LMS
plugin. Explanation of my reasoning:

- I've got music available to my Vortexbox under /mnt/music/, but this
  resides physically on my NAS4FREE box, where it's shared through SMB
  as \\NAS4FREE\Music
- I've also got music available to my Vortexbox on a USB drive, which
  is mounted under /mnt/music2, where it's also shared through SMB as
  \\Vortexbox\Music2
- MusicIP runs on the Vortexbox, using the only possible lcations
  /mnt/music & /mnt/music2. As you see, it's not aware of either SMB
  share
- The path introduced in the app (smb:/mnt/music2) leads nowhere on
  either the vortexbox or the NAS4FREE, as it's not shared that way (you
  never should share the root of the mnt directory as that gives access
  to your entire system), hence the bad username or password

Dynamic Path conversion would enable us to just tell the app what local
path corresponds tho which smb share (I doubt that dbinder101 shares his
drive as d for instance ...). Ideally it would be something along the
lines of:

- MusicIP path: /mnt/music
- SMB path: \\IP-address\sharename
- SMB username: username
- SMB password: password

This could replace the whole content of the current "Music" tab in
settings, making it at once more easily understood and more flexible.

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901;
BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Wandboard Duallite + CSOS, integrated LMS activated