piert wrote:
> Wow, some interesting test results this morning:
>
> After few days of working nicely, this morning I noticed that nothing
> was playing. My automation system, usually automatically turns on the
> radio each morning by issuing an URL to LMS server that tells my
> 'HomeGroup'  virtual Chromecast to play a specific radio station. Such a
> command includes the IP of LMS server, which favorite to play and the
> physical MAC address of whichever squeezebox or CCA device you want to
> play it on.
>
> So I decided to do a little test by manually issueing the URL commands
> from Firefox  address bar and looking on Ipeng on my Iphone at the same
> time to see what happens to which players.
> Before describing what I saw, a short recap of my situation:
> 1 HomeGroup virtual ChromeCast (I will further refer to this as HG),
> made up of the following two physical ChromeCasts:
> 2 Living Room (Woon Kamer in Dutch) physical chromecast (I will further
> refer to this as WR)
> 3 Kitchen Room physical chromecast (I will further refer to this as KR)
> 4 Perry's Room physical Squeezebox Classic (I will refer to as PR)
> 5 Corry's Room physical Squeezebox Classic (I will refer to this further
> as CR)
>
> To start off and without having issued any command, I noticed in Ipeng
> that my KR had disappeared from listing, WR was shown, but not active,
> PR was activated and playing what normally should have been played by
> the HG, which was rather unexpected! CR was listed not active (as
> expected).
>
> I then issued a command to HG to play another favorite number and I
> noticed that the PR switched station. So, although I used the MAC
> address of the HG in the URL, the PR squeezebox responded, even though
> this has a different MAC address!
>
> I next disconnected the PR squeezebox from power and issued an URL to HG
> again. Now I saw in Ipeng that the CR squeezebox responded instead!
> Still, and as in before tries, the WR did nothing all this time.
>
> I then issued an URL to address the WR directly; nothing happened. I
> looked up the MAC address of WR  inside the LMS server to double check
> my archived information and, sure enough, it was different from what it
> used to be!!
>
> So it appears the MAC address of this CCA has changed over time (in
> fact, in my archive it looks like there might have been two different
> MAC addresses for this same CCA before).
> This still does not explain why, if the MAC address in the URL is not
> available, a different physical Squeezebox Classic is chosen to play the
> requested music.
>
> Anyway, hope this helps towards solving the puzzle.
>
> Ps, Philippe, did you receive my emailed log files?
>
> Regards,
> Perry

Hi - I'll investigate that soon. I'm currently very busy with my airplay
bridge. Just a hint, the MAC address of CCA is a fake one on purpose,
but it is a hash of a unique ID, so it should not change, or so I
thought. It has to be created because the real and virtual players have
the same MAC

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2