I've looked at the log and compared the timing o fdata against my systen
which has a SB Receiver on same LAN segment as my LMS.

Comparing both systen and data timing is very similar.
There is only one log entry for a packet taking longer than 800ms to get
reply from BBC.

AFAICT there are no issues with data from BBC.  All the data from BBC is
received promptly and no data is lost or re-requested.

The difference between BBC streams and Radio Apardise /SomaFM are they
are both lower speed. Now the bitrate  speed should not make any
difference as trasncodding effort would be similar but I'd like to rule
it out.

Can you see if choosing to use "Use lowest bitrate for DASH stream"
option in BBCiPlayer setting makes any difference.