Owen Smith wrote:
> That's easy to say. But some people, including myself, do not want to
> spend the time that would be required to learn how to manage a linux
> system. My experience at work where IT manage our linux systems is they
> are fine for months on end, then something goes wrong and it takes days
> to get it fixed even with IT staff that are paid to work 7.5 hours a day
> on it. At home that sort of time to fix it could take several weeks to
> find.

There's a bit of a difference between a major Linux system and a
Raspberry Pi used essentially for a single purpose. I use a Raspberry Pi
3 running LMS on piCorePlayer, connected to the router via cable, music
library on a NAS. Took minutes to set up and is very robust.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9  with files on QNAP TS-239
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
*Office:* LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive >
piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob